Technology

Is this the future? image source

Howdy again everyone, NitroDubbz here. For today's blog I chose a picture of a robot because today's post is about the frightening world of technology. As we approach the artificial intelligence singularity, many are finding themselves drawn towards the neo-luddite ideology, which shuns technological advancement and calls for mankind to halt our advance into the future before we open some sort of Pandora's box and we are unable to turn back. One example of technological damnation is Harlan Ellison's short story "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" which chronicles the trials and tribulations of the last four humans on Earth as they are eternally tortured in the bowels of a sentient, globe-spanning supercomputer known as "A.M." a play on Descartes' phrase "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I am"

On the lighter side, however, technology can be used as a tool for good. In this class, it seems like we will be using a lot of fun tools in this class. I am already familiar with most of these tools, but that won't make them any less fun to use. 

That's all for today. Until next time, I'm NitroDubbz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction for NitroDubbz

Week 7 Story: Art Girl Rescue Part 3