Week 13 Story: The Buddha of Beverly Hills


This story has moved! You can read it here

Comments

  1. Hi!

    I thought I would leave my comment for your story “The Buddha of Beverly Hills” here since I couldn’t find your comment wall. I thought this was a very interesting take on the story of Buddha (I’ve only read the version told in Sidhartha by Herman Hesse, but I would imagine their similar). I think you could smooth out some of the dialogue, but other than that this story reads pretty easily, and I enjoyed it overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nitrodubbz!
    This story is fantastic. I love how you have combined elements of modernity with the traditions of Buddhism and the eight-fold path to enlightenment. The setting takes us on a wonderful journey, from the stillness of the desert to the boisterous streets of LA. One question: why is the mention of the vaccines significant? It seems a bit random and out of place. I would also suggest removing the extra spaces between your paragraphs, which will help guide the reader's' eye more smoothly through the text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nitrodubbz,
    I really liked your story and it was fantastic. The way you introduced it to modern time was really creative and good. I thought his time in the desert was an interesting one and I loved the fact that you had Jim Carrey be the one to show Brendan the path was awesome! Overall, great story and you never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction for NitroDubbz

Week 7 Story: Art Girl Rescue Part 3