Storybook Favorites

Today I decided to look at some stories and I will be sharing with you my favorites.

https://sites.google.com/view/sponge-stories/home

The first one I decided to look at was a Spongebob-themed storybook. I chose it because I like Spongebob, but also because the episodic nature of the show allows for more diverse story-telling in my opinion, because the writers aren't wasting precious time and energy trying to keep continuity, meaning they can focus on each episode in a vacuum. A lot of plots are derived from myths and classic literature. For example, episode 8b, "Squeaky Boots" parodies Edgar Allen Poe's short story, "The Tell-Tale Heart". So it doesn't feel out of place that this storybook bases each story on myths and fables.

However, none of that was made obvious in the introduction, which was just Spongebob talking about how awesome his life is. I guess the first-person view was interesting but overall I don't think it gave much information to the contents of the page, which itself was professional-looking and clean.


https://sites.google.com/site/housetoawifeofmany/home

The second storybook I looked at was called "House of a Wife to Many". The title is what initially caught my eye. The title is mysterious and could have multiple meanings, the first of which crossed my mind was polyandry. The introduction is well-written and quick to adopt a mysterious mood. The cliffhanger ending is so well-placed that it instantly made me want to go to the first entry. This story has a very concise introduction that is a good mood-setter.

https://sites.google.com/site/thedemonsoflatinamerica/la-llorona/introduction/home

I chose "The Demons of Latin America" as my third storybook because I enjoy the supernatural. It was an interesting take on classic folklore from the perspective of the "demons" rather than people who observed them. I especially liked the story of "La Llorona" even if it was short, the woman's descent into madness was reasonable. Her corruption was believable and relatable, which I find to be very important in horror.

I think of all of these stories, my favorite was the "House of a Wife to Many". It was well-written and full of characterization and detail.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction for NitroDubbz

Week 7 Story: Art Girl Rescue Part 3