Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology

The Crane and The Crab Image Source

Howdy folks, NitroDubbz here.

The story I really like was The Crane and The Crab, translated by W.H.D.Rouse
https://sites.google.com/view/jatakas/crane-and-crab

This story makes me think of one of my favorite tenets of the "Art of War":

"Hold out baits to entice your enemy, feign disorder, and then crush him."

also

"Appear weak when you are strong"

The crab feigns ignorance to allow the Crane to give him an advantage without even thinking about the repercussions. So blinded by gluttony, he gives the crab power over his own life just for another bit of food. A lot of these stories feature animals outwitting one another, but I think this example is the most strategic.


I also enjoyed this story.

https://sites.google.com/view/jatakas/rabbit
Ellen C. Babbit

Well, that's all for today lads and ladies. Until next time, I'm NitroDubbz.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction for NitroDubbz

Week 7 Story: Art Girl Rescue Part 3