Feedback Thoughts

This guy lives in my head (source)

That saturnine character at the top of the page is Anton Ego, food critic from the movie Ratatouille. I picked him because in the movie he's known for being extremely harsh, but his cold heart is softened at the end when he is humbled by the talent of Remy the rat, and he realizes that passion and work ethic are more important than the end result, because those two qualities will allow anyone, even a rat, to become a master.

I am my own worst critic, but I feel that my criticisms are fair. I may not achieve what I would have liked to, but as long as I feel that I learned and showed improvement I cant be too upset.

I chose to read Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head, and Fixed vs Growth Mindset at Work and in Life. The first article is about focusing on the positive to balance out the negative criticisms, lest you be driven insane. The second one is about viewing mistakes as learning experiences, rather than shameful failures.

That's all for today's analysis. Nitrodubbz out.

Comments

  1. Hi there, again. Good choice of articles. I read the first article you mentioned, and it I thought it was good also. Hopefully, something else to focus on, instead of negative thoughts. I did not read the second article you chose, but it sounds good! I like that you chose the food critic from Ratatouille as a sort of self-representation. haha, too funny! I think no matter ones age, Ratatouille is a classic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction for NitroDubbz

Week 7 Story: Art Girl Rescue Part 3